April 21, 2009

SHORT UPDATES

Its a packed week or sort of. Will be having SNCF and NUS BBA Scholarship interviews tomorrow and the day after respectively and I’m hoping, really hoping that I’m gonna get lucky this time round. I’m not really that optimistic about it but still, its a chance I gotta take (sounds like some pokemon theme song or something) hah. Was busy trying to get into that “worldly” state by reading up on stuff so that I can present myself to be somewhat “in the knowing”, but I doubt such last minute mugging will help much during the interviews. I really hate it when they just have to ask those “worldly” topic to throw me off during those last bits of interview. And I really think Business, or rather, Economics is a very difficult worldly topic to know, sigh.

Have decided to try for this somewhat dubious job next Monday. Apparently, they pay $8 - $10 per hour for you to tend a shop and you have to call up people to inform them about your promotions in the case that there’s no customers. Work hours is supposedly really flexible you can decide how many days and hours you want. I’m suspecting there’s a catch to it somewhere but I’m gonna give it a try first and see how. It beats lazing at home doing nothing. And the pay’s really quite attractive so haha I hope it turns out well.

I’m into my 6th practical lesson on driving and I still think I’m gonna be a horrible driver. Somehow I think it’s related to my mood when I’m driving haha.

I finally managed to learn to play a piece of music on my keyboard. I think it took like months or close to a year, maybe? Cause i really don’t have much musical background or training and yeah I started and stopped halfway quite a few times here and there. Basically, I’m cheating by memorising it rather than playing it by sight-reading like the pros. Although i think my skills and all that are still quite off, but still, I’m quite happy about it =)

A random MSN conversation made me realised just how different or how grown-up everyone has become. Or maybe, I’m just the only one trying to resist the change. And coincidentally, I’m digging up all those nostalgic midis from long ago. Yup, they’re midis and even though they were like from aeons ago, I realise I still like them a lot haha.

No comments: